Sunday, October 07, 2007

Topsfield Fair

This past Wednesday I went to Topsfield Fair with Traci, Stef and their two little ones, F and S. I love the Topsfield Fair! I love thinking about the farmers growing their perfect zucchinis, the bakers making their perfect pie crusts. I love looking at the animals (even though I looked, I couldn't find any miniature donkeys, which made me sad. http://www.minidonkeys.com/). And I love eating fried dough!



The kids looked super-cute, especially Fisher, who was dressed as a proper farmer in jeans and an orange flannel shirt. We checked out the Arts & Crafts hall, where I hunted down Knitfreak's ribbon-winning creations.

We also went to the Rabbit hall, which I love. The kids loved looking at the rabbits. They have a spinner there who spins angora straight from the live rabbit sitting on her lap. I bought a skein of handspun from her, which I can't really talk about right now because I might use it for a secret project, and I don't know who reads this blog!


After we ate lunch, Stef went to the ladies' room, and Traci and I stayed with the strollers. A familiar song was playing in the background--eventually I identified it as Step by Step, by New Kids on the Block. I thought, "This is weird, why are they playing this?" Then, my eyes opened wide and I asked Traci, "Do you think the New Kids are here?!?" Traci said that Donnie Wahlberg is way to famous to be at the Topsfield Fair. I said, "Well, I'm going to check. Watch these kids!!!"

I ran towards the stage. Guess what I saw? Scroll down...















































































































I guess Jordan Knight isn't too famous to be at the Topsfield Fair. So I ran up to the stage--that's right, I ran right up to the stage--and started snapping pictures.







Then I ran back to Traci and Stef and told them what was going on. Stef was sooooo excited! So we ran over with the strollers and hooted for Right Stuff. He ignored us. We danced. He claimed to have an injured foot and excused himself from dancing (?!?). At one point, Stef was so excited, she held her baby up in the air and shook A at Jordan. I'm not sure what she meant by that.







During this picture Jordan was singing I'll Be Loving You (awww).

When I was 12 or 13, my first concert ever was New Kids on the Block at Foxboro Stadium. Our seats were waaaaay far away from the stage, and you couldn't actually hear anything because of the tens of thousands of girls on siren mode (myself included). So even though this is almost two decades later, and I haven't listened to any New Kids in almost as long, it was kind of a thrill to be so close to the stage. And Jordan looks hot!







Well, after that, the rest of the Fair was pretty tame. But I've learned my lesson--next year, check ahead to see who's performing. I'm rooting for Bel Biv DeVoe.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you had a good time! I've never been to the Fair, but keep thinking about it. Mayabe next year.