Here's a meme from mini. Now you're tagged--leave a link in the comments to your list!
1. What were you doing 10 years ago. Let's see. In 1998 I was waiting tables, living in the Hamptons for the summer, and dating Patrick long-distance. I moved to Chicago the day after Christmas.
2. 5 things on my to-do list today. Um. Yeah. I guess my life isn't very pressing. Tonight we're going out for ice cream. So that's one. I'm going to try to book our hotel for Oktoberfest, but my success will depend on whether or not the person who answers the phone speaks English.
3. Snacks I enjoy. Cheese and crackers. Candy bars. Gingersnaps.
4. If I were a billionaire instantly, I would Travel.
5. Places I have lived: West Palm Beach, FL (born there) Revere, MA Chicago, IL East Hampton, NY Somerville, MA Malden, MA
Now that my blogging break is over, for my first MM I present to you an idea. Last week I was talking with my knitting friends, and we discussed backyards we'd like to peek into. You know the ones: just enough fence/foliage to obstruct full view from the street, but the promise of wonderful things. What about a garden club to open those gates up?
I'm too busy to start a whole club, though. But I could organize a one-day event. Like an open studios, but with gardens. I'd have to get some gardeners to sign on, make a map with the locations, distribute the map and then enjoy the day. I can do that! Patrick might even help--though it all depends on whether or not he likes the format I choose ( ! ). Sometimes he's a real poop...
So, I'm going to look into this. I also need to get WAM off the ground, which takes priority. Anyone out there a Maldonian and interested in this garden idea?
I moved to Malden, MA in April of 2006. I'm trying to get to know my new community, so I'm involved in lots of volunteer efforts around town. Most of my free time is spent on knitting and gardening. And watching Netflixed episodes of Babylon 5.