Sunday, November 11, 2007

Scarf exchange goodness




I'm taking part in the Ravelry Scarf Exchange, in which I knit a scarf for my assigned buddy, and someone else knits a scarf for me. The buddy making me a scarf has popped into this blog a few times--Hi Pixie!

Well, I got Pixie's package last week. So great! First, the scarf. She chose the Branching Out pattern, which is beautiful. The yarn is a lovely red alpaca (the one picture makes it look magenta, but it is red). The whole thing is just perfect--I love the pattern, I love red and I love alpaca.

Included in the package were all kinds of goodies, based on some of my "likes." My own fluffy cloud ;-) , a cranberry candle, and more.

This is the first exchange I've taken part in, and it was great. Thanks Pixie, for being a great exchange partner!!!

9 comments:

Mini said...

I love that scarf. :) Hey! what's the new job???

Spooky said...

I'm just glad everything made it to you safely. I was worried about the package.
It looks great on you! :o)

Traci said...

Pretty Scarf!

Stacey said...

Last week was a bit hectic, so I saved the package for a time when I'd really be able to open it slowly and enjoy the contents. I can't believe I was able to wait so long--it was really eating me up. But I'm glad I waited, because everything in the box was so wonderful and thoughtful.

Mom IsAmagpie said...

That scarf is beautiful. I can see you rockin it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that looks awesome on you! I got to see it before she sent it and I wanted to steal it! lol

Anonymous said...

You know what would be a fantastic knit gift for someone you love, Stacey? A knit octopus hat. Or maybe a Cthulhu one. Three tentacles in the back, three as bangs in the front, and a couple on the sides as ear flaps and chin ties. Just saying. Maybe a gift for Dave?

Traci said...

I'd wear an octopus hat...

Stacey said...

You overestimate my knitting skills.