Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sorry!

OK, OK, so it has been awhile. But I've been busy!


This year's Window Arts Malden project is up and running! Here's my post on last year's project. This time I took on a bigger role, organizing the Opening Celebration in front of City Hall. We had music, dancers, raffles and a Treasure Hunt for kids. Too bad it was 97 degrees and had we winds of about 500 miles per hour. As a result, we didn't have that much of a crowd.




But the art really looks great. A great treat: head down to Pleasant Street at night. Kelvy Bird's pieces are in the big new apartment complex at 160 Pleasant and across the street from there. When they're backlit at night they are breathtaking.
So, now that the opening is over I can just relax and enjoy the installations.

1 comment:

ccr in MA said...

I'm sorry I didn't make it to the opening, but I have been over to look! I liked the artist who did the Bank of America windows, but my absolute favorite of the ones I saw was at Hugh O'Neill's: I love blown glass anyway, and hers is gorgeous!