Sunday, October 05, 2008

Back from Oktoberfest!


As some of you know, I just got back from visiting Germany and Prague. We started in Berlin, where we stayed with John and had lots of fun playing Guitar Hero in his new place. Then Patrick, my brother and sister-in-law and I spent 2 days driving south to Munich, where we tried our hardest to make it into a beer tent at Oktoberfest. After way too much Bavarian food, Patrick and I continued on to Prague.




A little geology, of course.


Neil didn't exactly love walking over this bridge.
Oktoberfest isn't just about beer. It's a full-on carnival, with rides, games, etc.
The famous Lowenbrau beer tent, with giant animated, beer-drinking, growling lion.
Like I said, too much Bavarian food.
Fairytale castle, anyone? This one inspired the Disney castle in Orlando.
In Prague, they're over Communism.
The cathedral at Prague Castle.
No comment.

1 comment:

ccr in MA said...

Um, wow. Can I comment to say no comment, too? For that one and the one farther up, above the castle.

Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing the photos.